SHREWSBURY, Mass. — Several Shrewsbury High School runners participated in the 34th Annual Foot Locker Cross Country Championships Northeast Regional meet last weekend in the Bronx, N.Y.
St. John’s High School’s Jonathan Green of Berlin placed second in 15:37. Green was the only boy from Massachusetts to place in the Top 10 and will compete in the nationals in San Diego.
Green is co-captain at St. John’s and has won the individual DI championship for two consecutive years.
Shrewsbury High School boys cross country coach coach Jim Smith said he was proud of the Colonials who participated. Among his team’s highlights:
• Freshman Jackson Southard made the first team All-Northeast for ninth-graders by placing eighth in his race in 18:11.
• Freshman Olivia Murray finished in 21st place in her race, despite having run in only a few open meets this fall and playing soccer. This earned her third team All-Northeast among ninth-graders.
• Sophomore Jake Starvaski made the second team All-Northeast in the 10th-grade race by placing 14th in 17:58.
• Junior Mike Curran finished 37th at 18:25 in the junior race.
• Senior Stephen Munzer ran in the senior race and finished 46th in 19:52.
• Seniors Dan Wentworth finished 91st in 17:20); Dan Mortimer was 117th in 17:48; and Christopher Williams was 128th in 17:58.