SHREWSBURY, Mass. ‒ A Shrewsbury man faces a number of charges, including firearms violations, drug possession and larceny, after Shrewsbury Police said he and a co-defendant were caught stealing rims and tires.
According to a statement released by Shrewsbury Police, on Dec. 11 at 1:20 a.m., Shrewsbury Officer David Faucher and Officer Patrick Robert saw a motor vehicle in the Shrewsbury Green Apartments with two rims and tires missing.
The officers investigated and found another vehicle nearby with its doors open and engine running. After a search, Faucher and Robert found two suspects in hiding.
Justin Wogan, 23, of 352 Grafton St., Shrewsbury, and Christian Castro, 22, of 2 Flagg Road, Worcester, were arrested and charged with larceny over $250 and malicious destruction of property.
Police then obtained a search warrant for the van, which resulted in additional charges filed against Wogan:
- Three counts of possession of a large-capacity firearm and ammunition;
- Possession of a firearm without a firearms identification card;
- Possession of a firearms silencer;
- Possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number;
- Four drug possession counts for Class A, B, C and E substances
- Possession of a Class D substance with intent to distribute
Both Defendants were arraigned at Westborough District Court Dec. 12.
Download the complete police incident log for Dec.10 to 12 at the link below.