Early Morning Fire Strikes Shrewsbury Home

  • Comment
Shrewsbury Fire Department responded to a house fire early Saturday morning.
Shrewsbury Fire Department responded to a house fire early Saturday morning. Photo Credit: File

SHREWSBURY, Mass. - Shrewsbury Fire Department officials cite "careless disposal of smoking material" by a resident at 398 Prospect St. for a fire at the house shortly after midnight Saturday.

According to Shrewsbury Fire Chief Jim Vuona the fire started in the garage and was accidental.

The first fire crews to arrive reported flames coming out of the garage windows.

No injuries were reported. Working smoke detectors alerted sleeping residents and they safely exited the house.

The Molinari family owns the property and will be staying with relatives, according to Vuona.

The garage and attic sustained severe fire damage and the second floor has heat and smoke damage. Vuona estimated the damage to the house is more than $250,000.

The Shrewsbury Police and State Fire Marshal’s office assisted with the fire investigation. A two-person fire watch will remain in place until 9 a.m.

Fire departments from Northborough assisted in fighting the fire. Boylston and Grafton departments provided station coverage.

  • Comment

Comments